Date:      Mon, 25 Sep 2000 14:46:27 +0200
From:      "Karel J. Bosschaart" <karelj@wop21.wop.wtb.tue.nl>
To:        Trevor Daniel Kramer <tdk98@hampshire.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Unreal Tournament Question

On Thu, Sep 21, 2000 at 02:05:39PM -0400, Trevor Daniel Kramer wrote:
> I am getting closer but still another error:
> ruggles# ut
> Unreal engine initialized
> Bound to SDLDrv.so
> Joystick [0] : Unknown Joystick
> SDLClient initialized.
> Bound to Render.so
> Lighting subsystem initialized
> Rendering initialized
> LoadMap: Entry
> Bound to Fire.so
> Case-insensitive search: Botpack -> ../System/BotPack.u
> Bound to IpDrv.so
> appError called:
> Class Actor Member Owner problem: Script=48 C++=52
> Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
> Executing USDLClient::ShutdownAfterError
> Signal: SIGIOT [iot trap]
> Aborting.
> Exiting.
> Name subsystem shut down
>
> Anyone seen this before?  Thanks.

Hmmm, not sure that I saw exactly this error, but I had an error starting
UT because the patching during installation failed. As far as I can remember
it had to do with the xdelta failing, which I replaced with another version
that I found on the Loki site (www.lokigames.com/~overcode). This one
worked fine for the patching in FreeBSD.

Karel.