Date:      Thu, 02 Jan 1997 21:32:45 +0000
From:      David FitzGerald <dfitz@tinet.ie>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Booting from NT4

------------5282109843ED1

 Hi!
I have recently installed FreeBSD and am having trouble installing many
parts of it, but am steadily getting there. Half the fun is learning I
suppose!

There is one part that baffles me though...
I am running WindozeNT 4 Workstation also.

NT takes up the whole of an 850meg IDE hard drive, and FreeBSD has 500
megs of the second part of another IDE hard drive. The other partition
being a dos partition, soon to be converted to NTFS.

I want to use NT's boot manager to boot up, but could not figure out the
correct syntax for the line required in boot.ini

------------5282109843ED1

<HTML><BODY TEXT="#000000" BGCOLOR="#C0C0C0" LINK="#0000EE" VLINK="#551A8B" ALINK="#FF0000">

<DT>&nbsp;Hi!</DT>

<DT>I have recently installed FreeBSD and am having trouble installing
many parts of it, but am steadily getting there. Half the fun is learning
I suppose!</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>There is one part that baffles me though...</DT>

<DT>I am running WindozeNT 4 Workstation also.</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>NT takes up the whole of an 850meg IDE hard drive, and FreeBSD has
500 megs of the second part of another IDE hard drive. The other partition
being a dos partition, soon to be converted to NTFS.</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>I want to use NT's boot manager to boot up, but could not figure out
the correct syntax for the line required in boot.ini</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------------5282109843ED1--