Date:      Wed, 13 Jul 2011 17:17:04 -0400
From:      Alejandro Imass <aimass@yabarana.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Perl Libs in FreeBSD CPAN and Ports

Hello,

I generally use the CPAN shell mainly to get the latest version of
CPAN modules but for modules that use XS I usually prefer using the
port. Ports also seem to have pretty good versions of everything and I
use these 2 mechanisms interchangeably.
Anyway, my question is really to learn more on how these ports are
maintained, etc. For example, in Debian Linux they have a Debian Perl
policy, is there such a policy or something similar in FreeBSD so I
can further read-up on the matter?

Thanks,

--
Alejandro Imass