Date:      Fri, 27 Dec 2013 21:19:58 -0800
From:      Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
To:        Kenneth Culver <kwculver@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-stable@freebsd.org Stable" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>, Yvonne Oberman <ykoberman@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Odd problem w/ install world on 9.2 to 10.0rc3 upgrade

On Fri, Dec 27, 2013 at 5:37 AM, Kenneth Culver <kwculver@gmail.com> wrote:

> I had this problem until I removed /usr/src, and /usr/obj and re-checked
> out the source.
>
> Ken
>
> On Friday, December 27, 2013, Yvonne Oberman wrote:
>
> > I am trying to upgrade my laptop from 9 - stable to 10.0rc3. Install
> world
> > fail in kerberos5/lib/libasn1.
> >
> > I get:
> > cmp -s krb5_asn1.hx krb5_asn1.h 2> / dev/null || Co krb5_asn1.hx
> > krb5_asn1.h
> > cp: not found
> >
> > But, if I cd kerberos5 and make install, it installs fine. Both files are
> > certainly present in /usr/obj.
> >
> > Any clue for me?
> >
> > Thanks!

No joy. I had already deleted /usr/src and /usr/obj.

Since I already had successfully installed kerberos5 by doing  'make -C
/usr/src/kerberos5 install',  I just edited the kerberos5 Makefile to not
install the libs and continued from there with no problems. I still have no
idea why this failed, though. My make-foo is way to weak.

I'll be posting a short rant about my experience with the ports upgrade
later, but I have ALMOST everything running now. I still have kdenlive and
libreoffice to buildl and need to figure out why four ports failed, one in
"make patch"! and why one fails to start.

Thanks for the reply! (Oh, and I messed up and posted from the address I
share with my wife which is why this is from a SLIGHTLY different address.)
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: rkoberman@gmail.com