Date:      12 Aug 2003 20:34:43 +0300
From:      Ville =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Skytt=E4?= <scop@FreeBSD.org>
To:        PC32 XHChen <XHChen@Winbond.com.tw>
Cc:        freebsd-cvsweb@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FW: Graph of revisions for cvsweb.cgi

On Tue, 2003-08-12 at 13:13, PC32 XHChen wrote:

> Dear all:
> 	I modified cvsweb.cgi for supporting "graph selection" as what's in wincvs.
> 	Thanks for trying it !

Whoo, that's pretty impressive stuff!  However, a couple of points:

Your modified version is done against FreeBSD-CVSweb 2.0.6; the
rel-2_0-branch has been feature frozen.  CVS HEAD contains the
development version, all new features should be done there.  See
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/projects/cvsweb/

The development version already uses cvsgraph from
http://www.akhphd.au.dk/~bertho/cvsgraph/ to provide similar
functionality.  There are some naming conflicts that need to be sorted
out before your version could be applied.

Submissions are better sent as unified diffs (diff -u) instead of whole
modified files.  And I'd rather see the JavaScript code in a separate
static .js file(s) instead of embedded in the cvsweb.cgi script, as much
as possible.  Or ported to Perl :)

Could you port your change so that it applies against HEAD of cvsweb.cgi
and possibly address the other issues above and send the results as a
unified diff?  What level of JavaScript support does the code require?
It seems to work in my Mozilla Firebird 0.6.1.

--
\/