Date:      Mon, 8 Nov 1999 10:57:19 -0800
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        Brian Vawter <bvawter@psnw.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: motherboard or processor too new?

On Mon, Nov 08, 1999 at 08:53:38AM -0800, Brian Vawter wrote:
> Last week I purchased The Complete FreeBSD with CD-ROM set. I have
> three computers available to run FreeBSD on. The box of choice is rather
> new. The Pentium ll Processor to AGP Controller is Intel 82443BX as is
> the Pentium ll Processor to PCI bridge.
>
> My question is, Is this too new for FreeBSD 3.2 which came with the book?

No all current x86 processors beyond the i386 (including the AMD Athlon).
The PII and BX chipset have been out for more then a year and 3.2 is
not must more then six months old.

-- Brooks

P.S. Please wrap your lines at 72 columns or less.  For more information
see http://www.lemis.com/questions.html.

--
"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security, will not
have, nor do they deserve, either one"