Date:      Mon, 3 May 2004 14:25:18 +0300
From:      "alexander botov" <alexb@ibl.bas.bg>
To:        "questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ports upgrade question

Hi to everyone !

I'm sure that this is a trivial question to ask . I'm considering source and
ports tree upgarde from 5.2_REL to 5.2.1_REL . I've never did cvs before
(usually i back up , format + binary install and restore ) . I've read the
article from the handbook and everything is pretty much explained there . My
question is when i install the new distro how should i upgrade the ports tree
after syncing it from cvs ? Are there any guidelines , tips or tricks ? I've
heard about portupgrade port . Is this the right tool for bringing my ports
up to date ? Your help will be greatly appreciated and I hope will save me
hours of hesitation and headache :-)

Thanks

Excuse my english