Date:      Sat, 24 Jan 2004 12:41:29 -0500
From:      Charles Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        Brent Wiese <brently@bjwcs.com>
Cc:        'FreeBSD-questions list' <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: CURL in PHP performance question

On Jan 23, 2004, at 7:05 PM, Brent Wiese wrote:
> I've never used it, but based on the way it reads, it seems like the
> overhead of the calls on even a moderately busy site could have serious
> server impacts.  Am I worried about nothing or do I need to put my
> foot down so he doesn't affect the other jail users by taking up all
> the resources?

What resource(s) are you worried about CURL consuming?  CPU time?  Tell
the user to run these processes using nice so that other user's tasks
will be minimally effected.

If you're concerned about VM usage, or I/O, or something, experiment a
bit and determine whether there is an issue, then consider saying "no",
or tuning the system, or changing /etc/login.conf to adjust resource
limits appropriately.

--
-Chuck