Date:      Mon, 13 Apr 1998 20:26:49 -0300
From:      Capriotti <capriotti@geocities.com>
Subject:   Re: which modems work with FBSD

As a rule, any modem will work with FreeBSD, provided it is NOT a Winmodem.

Winmodems will work only with, ahmmm...., Windoze ! (Amazing, isn't it ?)
The modem relies on the OS (if we can actually call it an OS) all the
processing. You need a special driver to run this pice of crap, only
provided for Win95. Forget it. Buy a good standard modem, external or
intrnal, and have a good surf.