Date:      Thu, 14 Jul 2016 01:03:26 +0100
From:      Ken Moffat <zarniwhoop@ntlworld.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Any idea why freebsd.org is using PayPal for donations ?

On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 11:20:33AM -0600, Chad Leigh Shire.Net LLC wrote:
> No. You get the $1 back.  They don't complete or confirm or close it.  It is just an authorization.  They do it to make sure the card data is valid, for better or worse.
>
> I don't like PP either, I agree with you there.  But the $1 authorization will fall off your card eventually when the authorization expires.

It's been a while since I had to go through this process, but ISTR
that I got an email from paypal, and I then had to reply with the
reference which appeared on my bank statement, and then the nominal
amount was refunded.  But the details might vary with different
types of accounts / different cards.

ĸen
for them.'     -- Small Gods