Date:      Wed, 20 Jun 2018 08:58:28 -0600
From:      Ian Lepore <ian@freebsd.org>
To:        Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>, Emmanuel Vadot <manu@bidouilliste.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: De-orbit Allwinner A10/A20/A31 for 12.0

On Wed, 2018-06-20 at 03:51 +0000, Mark Linimon wrote:
> So now that Kyle has volunteered to look after A20, I'd like to
> continue this thread:
>
> [...]
>
> But there are still a number of boards listed there as "supported" that
> probably have not seen updates for years (specificially, some of the
> development boards).  I'd rather let people know what we recommend for
> new arm users.  I expect RPi, Pine64, OrangePi, and BeagleBone to be
> in that list ... are the CubieBoard and WandBoard still popular?

Wandboard, and most other things imx6-based, still work and are
reasonably well-supported, and I'm even still actively writing new
drivers for them as needed. The imx5-based systems (exynos, and a
couple dev/eval boards) are still somewhat supported (I have a board
and will try to fix anything anyone reports), but were never widely
used.

-- Ian