Date:      Wed, 9 Feb 2000 18:52:39 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        Johan Pettersson <johpe159@student.liu.se>
Cc:        Gunnar H Reichert-Weygold <postmaster@paganlibrary.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sound Card - I give up!

On Wed, Feb 09, 2000 at 11:44:24AM +0100, Johan Pettersson wrote:
> Gunnar H Reichert-Weygold wrote:
>
> > I have a PCI PnP Awe64.
> > The kernel inlcudes:
> >
> > controller      pnp0                    # PnP support for ISA
> > device pcm0 at isa? port ? tty irq 10 drq 1 flags 0x0
> >
> > Gunnar H Reichert-Weygold
>
> Try to turn off PNP in bios. I had same problem.
> >From my bios->   PNP OS Installed: No

The lines in the dmesg output support this solution

Probing for PnP devices:
CSN 1 Vendor ID: CTL009d [0x9d008c0e] Serial 0x00029c18 Comp
ID:PNPb02f +[0x2fb0d041]
This is a SB16 PnP, but LDN 0 is disabled

> //Johan

	Linux:     Where do you want to go tomorrow?
	BSD:       Are you guys coming, or what?
			              -Poster at LinuxWorld 2000