Date:      Fri, 17 Feb 1995 02:48:36 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
To:        Andras Olah <olah@cs.utwente.nl>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: tcpdump 3.0?

Hmmmm.  Well, in the grand tradition of "you touched it last!" I would
say that the thing for you to do is to:

1. Taking your own copy of -current as a baseline, create a delta to it that
   *only* upgrades it to the 3.0 version.  Apply it to a checked out copy
   on freefall and check it in (you DO have your own commit privileges, I
   notice! :), then tag it as tcpdump3_0, just to make it easy to get back
   to the 3.0 upgrade point.

2. Now bring your T/TCP changes to 3.0 over and apply them, checking in
   the changes again.  Now we have a nice new tcpdump with your stuff in and
   a nice, reasonable revision history in the repository.

3. Jump up and down.  Whee!  You're done! The ordeal is over! :-)

					Jordan