Date:      Mon, 17 Dec 2001 19:12:30 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Thomas Moestl <tmoestl@gmx.net>
Cc:        arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Please review: changes to MI bus code for sparc64

In message <20011213211544.A4747@crow.dom2ip.de> Thomas Moestl writes:
: I'm not sure how this is meant. As I wrote, I am using it to manage virtual
: DVMA memory, so I need to be able to allocate resources with given
: alignment and boundary (to implement the busdma interface). Specifying
: an alignment is already supported. The only method to enforce a
: boundary at a higher level I could think of would be to try to adjust
: the allocation, which would be a gross hack.

I don't understand the difference between boundary and alignment.  The
resource manager already supports specifying an alignment in the flags
argument.  I know, I added it :-).

Warner