Date:      Tue, 20 May 1997 09:54:05 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Khetan Gajjar <khetan@chain.iafrica.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with stelnetd - all network ports in use

Hi.

I've managed to get SSL-Telnet working on my machine, with one
slight problem - it keeps moaning about "All network ports in use."

I tried it on a another 2.2-STABLE box in the office, and it
works fine. That machine has in it's kernel pty set to 128,
and maxusers 128. I've got mine set to 64.

The machine hasn't got more than 20 network connections atm.
Telnet and other services (namely ssh) work fine.

10=[root@chain] /usr/local/libexec# stelnetd -debug -z ssl 5000
doit - ALIVE
fatal called: All network ports in use
11=[root@chain] /usr/local/libexec#

I have it by default on 8003, but that fails as well. The debug
for 5000 doesn't help either, execept to show the error that it
must be dying from. Anyone got any ideas ?

---
Khetan Gajjar                               | khetan@os.org.za
www.freebsd.os.org.za/~khetan/              | khetan@iafrica.com
PGP : finger khetan@chain.freebsd.os.org.za | I run FreeBSD - www.za.freebsd.org
UUNet Internet Africa Support               | 0800-030-002 & help@iafrica.com

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat,
and wrong.
                -- H. L. Mencken