Date:      Sat, 17 Mar 2001 10:14:58 -0800
From:      Burke Martin <kilgore@speakeasy.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   runing out of swap

Hi All,

I dont have any clue why im receiving this swap problem. This is the 2nd
time ive tried compiling MySQL the first i only had 64mb swap, since i have
added and I still get the error. This weekend I compiled and installed
MySQL with no problems on a linux box that is exactly the same except with
less swap. I really dont understand why ive had so many problems with fbsd
and swap. I watched it with top and it just climbed and climbed....

Mem: 17M Active, 2536K Inact, 6116K Wired, 1920K Cache, 6320K Buf, 364K Free
Swap: 132M Total, 108M Used, 24M Free, 81% Inuse

any information would be greatly appreciated

Burke