Date:      Wed, 28 Jan 2015 11:17:20 +0000
From:      Joe Holden <lists@rewt.org.uk>
To:        Chris H <bsd-lists@bsdforge.com>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: powerdns meta packages?

On 12/01/2015 16:53, Chris H wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Jan 2015 16:42:45 +0000 Joe Holden <lists@rewt.org.uk> wrote
>
>> On 12/01/2015 16:05, Chris H wrote:
>>> On Mon, 12 Jan 2015 15:10:12 +0000 Joe Holden <lists@rewt.org.uk> wrote

>>> As I understand it, you want to create a custom "meta-port".
>>> You might do well to have a look at some of the other meta-ports
>>> available, for the best way to accomplish it for your needs;
>>>
>>> x11/xorg
>>> x11/xorg-minimal
>>> x11/xorg-apps
>>> lang/php5-extensions
>>>
>>> are some that come to mind.
>>> Best wishes.
>>>
>> This is what I'd normally do but I was hoping with the new pkg stuff we
>> could have some sort of virtual packages but this will do I guess!
>>
>> Will need to read up on package building now - seems a bit silly to have
>> my own repo just for -mysql, -sqlite type packages though
> Well, I thought you might want to make the (meta)port, and submit it.
> Then other like-minded people could also benefit from your
> contribution. :) If you submit it as a port, the pkg(8) business takes
> care of itself.

So, I made an attempt on my poudriere box, package builds -
powerdns-backend-sqlite3, just includes the .so and the schema in plist
however pkg says it conflicts.  My interpretation from the handbook is
that the % option stuff in plist is only used if that option is
selected, so I can't see why powerdns (without any backends) and my
slave port would conflict... I used mysql server/client ports as a base:

Makefile :-

PORTNAME=       powerdns
PKGNAMESUFFIX=  -backend-sqlite3

COMMENT=        PowerDNS sqlite3 backend

MASTERDIR=      ${.CURDIR}/../powerdns

PKGMESSAGE=     mustnotexist
PLIST=          ${.CURDIR}/pkg-plist

OPTIONS_SET= SQLITE3

.include "${MASTERDIR}/Makefile"

pkg-plist :-

%%LUA_LIBDIR%%/pdns/%%LUA_LIBDIR%%gsqlite3backend.so
%%PORTDOCS%%%%DOCSDIR%%/dnssec-3.x_to_3.4.0_schema.sqlite3.sql
%%PORTDOCS%%%%DOCSDIR%%/nodnssec-3.x_to_3.4.0_schema.sqlite3.sql
%%PORTDOCS%%%%DOCSDIR%%/schema.sqlite3.sql

#####

I also made powerdns port not have PGSQL set by default.

Is there something obvious I'm doing wrong?

Cheers