Date:      Mon, 25 Sep 1995 23:14:58 -0400 (EDT)
From:      cstruble@vt.edu
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Objective C

Well, I saw a discussion a while ago, but it seemed without
resolution.  I'm very interested in getting Objective C working on
FreeBSD, but so far have been unable to get anywhere.

I compiled gcc 2.7.0 and everything seemed to compile fine. I then
tried to build libobjects-0.1.14 and the test programs. All the
test programs fail with a core dump (floating point exception) in
libobjc.a, the Objective C runtime library. It seems to be a problem
with __builtin_return(), but my compiler knowledge is a bit lacking
so I can't figure out exactly what is wrong.

Has anyone gotten any Objective C programs to work on FreeBSD? If so,
what magic incantations do I have to perform to get them to run?

	See ya later,
		Craig
--
Craig Struble - Grad Student, Consultant, | World's most versatile C program
Student ACM Co-President, Virginia Tech   | (*nix version)