Date:      Tue, 25 Feb 1997 04:27:31 -0800 (PST)
From:      Vincent Poy <vince@mail.MCESTATE.COM>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        Snob Art Genre <ben@narcissus.ml.org>, Cliff Addy <fbsdlist@revelstone.jvm.com>, questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: newer pine?

On Mon, 24 Feb 1997, Doug White wrote:

> On Sat, 22 Feb 1997, Vincent Poy wrote:
>
> > 	Now a good question is how does one get the ports tree for 2.1.7
> > on a machine?  I know in -current, using cvsup will do the -current ports
> > tree.
>
> The magic is in the tag keyword, but I find it infintely easier to just
> download ports as I need them from ftp.freebsd.org.   Don't forget you can
> do 'get port.tar.gz' to get an entire directory archived.

	I tried get port.tar.gz on cvsup2.FreeBSD.ORG when freefall wasn't
available a few nights ago and it didn't work but I'll try that on
freefall then.

Cheers,
Vince - vince@MCESTATE.COM - vince@GAIANET.NET           ________   __ ____
Unix Networking Operations - FreeBSD-Real Unix for Free / / / / |  / |[__  ]
GaiaNet Corporation - M & C Estate                     / / / /  | /  | __] ]
Beverly Hills, California USA 90210                   / / / / / |/ / | __] ]
HongKong Stars/Gravis UltraSound Mailing Lists Admin /_/_/_/_/|___/|_|[____]