Date:      Sat, 1 Jul 1995 16:45:22 -0700
From:      "D. Gerasimatos" <dim@csua.berkeley.edu>
To:        jkh@freebsd.org
Subject:   ld.so question

	I am running 2.0.5. I was running without difficulties until
	yesterday. I wanted to run named, so I set the system up for
	that. Then, I compiled a new version of named with a different
	path.h . named works fine and is running. However, now sendmail
	and man are broken. I get the following error:

 	e.g.
	lemon# man man
	No ld.so

	I checked to see if I had an ld.so in /usr/libexec and I did.
	Then I downloaded the binary dist again and got that ld.so.
	It appeared to be exactly the same (using "diff"), but I replaced
	ld.so anyhow.

	Typing	"/usr/libexec/ld.so" gives:

	I also checked mail.local. No wonder sendmail wants to barf,
	because I see:

	^@Failure reading ld.so
	^@Bad magic: ld.so
	^@Cannot map ld.so
	^@ld.so failed

	I am unsure what to do about this. So far, only "man" and
	"mail.local" seem broken. A reboot (and hence new ldconfig)
	doesn't solve the problem. I am finally stumped.

	An unrelated matter is that I can't seem to clear inodes. "fsck"
	says it is clearing them, but it doesn't. I even did "clri"
	and I get the same disk errors (wrong superblock count, etc.).
	It's kind of annoying, but it's been like that for a long time.
	I think it's totally unrelated to the above problem, but I
	thought I'd mention it.

	Sorry to bother you directly, but I can't recall the mailing
	list address! :) Thanks for any help...

	Dimitrios

	/usr/libexec/ld.so: Exec format error. Wrong Architecture.