Date:      Wed, 4 Feb 2004 13:43:24 +0100
From:      "Gunnarsson, Mikael" <Mikael.Gunnarsson@octapharma.se>
To:        "Sumit Shah" <shah@ucla.edu>, <bob.debolt@starblanket.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: rl interface drops out occasionally

Save yourself some headache then and don't get another rl.. As it says =
in the driver's source, it really redefines the meaning of 'low end'. It'=
s dirt cheap, and you get what you pay for..

age-----
ri 2004 03:51
> To: bob.debolt@starblanket.ca
> Cc: freebsd-net@freebsd=
.org
> Subject: Re: rl interface drops out occasionally
>

> Thank=
s for the reply, it's good to hear I'm not the only one
> experiencing =
this.  At least there is a simple workaround and we were
> going to upg=
rade the NIC anyway.

t 12:38 PM, Bob DeBolt wrote:

> > Greets
> >
> >> I've noticed tha=
> >> every now
> >> and then the network interface drops out.  I can =
ifconfig
> destroy and
> >> then create it again and the network inter=
face comes back.  This
> >> machine serves nfs/smb/rsync exclusively and=
 nothing more
> >> (2-3 gigs of
> >> traffic is moved per day).
> >
>=
 > I had the same description of problem. I shut off the onboard
> > NIC=
 and installed a new rl and problem was solved. I spent several
> > week=
s testing different things. For the 5 or ten bucks for a new
> > rl card=
, it is worth spending it.

=
> > Pres / CTO