Date:      Thu, 25 Mar 1999 22:15:54 -0800
From:      Darryl Okahata <darrylo@sr.hp.com>
To:        mjacob@feral.com
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Travan-20 tape streamer: unit not ready

Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com> wrote:

> Very interesting. Usually things break if the Immediate bit is *set*.
>
> I wouldn't expect Mode Sense(10) to be set- and it's quite conceivable
> that a SCSI-1 Mode Sense (6) might work. What's the ANSI conformance level
> from the Inquiry data again?

     SCSI-2.  Heh.  Here's the relevant dmesg stuff:

	sa0 at ahc0 bus 0 target 3 lun 0
	sa0: <OnStream SC-30 1.01> Removable Sequential Access SCSI-2 device
	sa0: 10.0MB/s transfers (10.0MHz, offset 7)

Well, as I've said, I couldn't get mode sense (6) to work.

--
	Darryl Okahata
	darrylo@sr.hp.com

constitute the support, opinion, or policy of Hewlett-Packard, or of the
little green men that have been following him all day.