Date:      Mon, 19 Jul 1999 17:10:07 +0200
From:      Hauke Fath <hf@Melog.DE>
To:        hm@hcs.de
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems with callback setup

At 16:53 19.07.99 +0200, Hellmuth Michaelis wrote:
> >From the keyboard of Hauke Fath:
>Yes, isdnd is fail-safe, at least in the alpha version. In the beta version,
>it obviously got more robust, so i removed the fail-safe code :-)))

Hum... Makes it too easy for my liking to cut the branch I am sitting on.

> > I was lucky to have a modem connection
> > in reserve; otherwise I'd have been in trouble...
>
>Never trust a man without a working modem connection.
=8)

That's definitely a thing to consider. A separate modem was demanded for
flexible access, but, seen from a maintenance POV, an analog backdoor is a
must.

> > This is isdn4bsd 0.70 on NetBSD/i386 1.3.3, AVM FritzCard ISA.
>           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>Seriously - it looks like you are running into a problem which was fixed
>in the meantime, i suggest you upgrade to the latest i4b !

That is on my todo list together with an upgrade to 1.4 (better: 1.4.1 ;).
Possibly working callback may up the upgrade some on the list.

>hellmuth (sitting in a room with 30++ degrees celsius)

Same here, sigh.
Never trust a man who loses his sense of humor at 30++ degrees celsius.

Thanks,

         hauke

--
Hauke Fath                              Saphir Software GmbH
                                         D-69115 Heidelberg