Date:      Thu, 25 Jan 2018 14:48:30 +0100
From:      Nils Beyer <nbe@renzel.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ryzen issues on FreeBSD ?

On 01/17/18 14:38, Mike Tancsa wrote:
> However, we are seeing random lockups on both boxes. [...]

go into your BIOS:

- load default settings
- disable SMT
- disable Cool&Quiet
- disable global C-state control
- disable anything with C-states

only with SMT _and_ Cool&Quiet _and_ C-state-stuff all together disabled, my system is still running
(uptime now is 49 days). Every other fiddling around with RAM, PSU and timing settings is fruitless.
Before, my system locked up after a run time of six to ten days.

And, yes, I have a replacement CPU and the shared page fix active - these didn't help.

This does not help with your compilation problems though...

BR,
Nils