Date:      Sat, 27 Jan 2001 08:16:44 +0300 (MSK)
From:      Alexey Koptsevich <ak@astro.ioffe.rssi.ru>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vinum detach

Greg,

> Not quite.  You're apparently talking about a single plex, either
> itself detached or the only plex in a volume.  You can't move data to
> another subdisk, because that would destroy the data in the other
> subdisk.  Under these circumstances, the detach would fail unless you
> use the -f option, in which case you would damage the plex.

You are right, I am about to install volume with single plex, just to
concatenate drives. So I would better ask: is it possible to replace one
of subdisks in concatenated plex if there is enough free space on disks
which remain in the plex? Or the only way is to copy the data somewhere
and then rearrange the volume (i.e plex)?

Thanks,
Alex