Date:      Wed, 18 Nov 1998 23:02:46 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Michael Robinson <robinson@public.bta.net.cn>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, gunther@aurora.rg.iupui.edu
Subject:   Re: green threads vs. native threads ...

[ Moved from -stable to -current, since -stable will never see any such
move ]

> >> I came in on this thread late, so I'm not sure if this has been asked, but
> >> does the FreeBSD-Java team have any plans for a native threads VM?
> >
> >You have to have native-threads in the OS before you can expect to have
> >the JDK use them.  It's kind of a moot point to ask for the JDK to use
> >something that doesn't exist.
>
> Would it be a moot point to ask for the FreeBSD kernel to support native
> threads?

Sure.  Patches to implement them are gladly accepted.  Oh, you mean
forcing someone to implement threads in FreeBSD?  Naw, that's not the
way it's done.  New features get done because someone thems to be done
and does them.

Nate