Date:      Tue, 7 Apr 1998 22:48:39 -0400
From:      Brian Reichert <reichert@numachi.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   dhcpc and ed3 interface

Hiya-

I'm having marginal luck getting the wide-dhcpc DHCP client working
consistently.   I've got the bpf interface built, etc, but
occasionally, when I reboot, the dhcpc process bitches that my
'device isn't configured for dhcp'.

Rebooting _eventually_ clues it in, but I feel it's silly to adopt
such an M$-like solution.

I admit I'm using the worlds cheapest PCI NE2000 clones.  But these
things have been behaving quite well.

Does anyone have an opinion as to to why the dhcpc software
occasionally thinks my card isn't configured?

--
Brian Reichert				reichert@numachi.com
37 Crystal Ave. #303			Current daytime number: (617)-873-4337