Date:      Mon, 19 Apr 2004 04:39:23 +0000
From:      freebsduser@comcast.net
To:        "dave" <dmehler26@woh.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: chkrootkit reports infected date

> Hello,
>     I just ran chkrootkit -n -q on a 5.2.1 box, and it showed date as being
> infected, but nothing else, no worms, and it didn't say with what. Given my
> last experience i would appreciate any suggestions as to how to identify
> this anomaly and stop it.
> Thanks.
> Dave.

Hey there,

If you want to put yourself at ease fet the source for date and compile it. After it's compiled try again. I searched google groups and it seems you may be getting what they call a false positive.

HTH

Want to link to this message? Use this URL: <https://mail-archive.FreeBSD.org/cgi/mid.cgi?041920040439.14739.408357FB00002FCC000039932200735834FF8C9190968B90929691>