Date:      Sat, 20 Nov 2004 17:02:10 -0600
From:      David Turgeon <david.turgeon@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Haupauge TV Tuner card

Hello,

I've recently installed FreeBSD 5.3 stable.  It currently has Xorg
running which I recently updated through cvsup.  However, I've never
been able to configure FXTV, Xawtv or even mplayer successfully on it.
 I tried to run ktrace <program>  .  However, this didn't log anything
either since my whole system quite literally freezes.  I've
successfully installed FXTv on 5.1 with no problems whatsoever.  This
version was also using X11R6.  I'm starting to think that my problem
might be Xorg related.  Does anyone else here notice any problems with
TVTuner cards and Xorg causing their system to freeze to the point of
not responding at all?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

--
David Turgeon
1410 - 11th Street E