Date:      Mon, 5 Jul 1999 16:23:45 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Jonathon Doran <doranj@Colorado.EDU>
To:        Reinoud.Koornstra@ibbnet.nl (Reinoud Koornstra)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: path....

> I have again a question.
> I what file can i add path's so that file in that dir can be called from
> anywhere? FOr example the usr/local/bin is also in the path, but where can
> i add more dirs?

This depends on what shell you are running.  If you are using "sh" then
edit the "PATH" variable in ~/.profile.  If you are using "csh" then edit
the "path" variable in ~/.cshrc.  If you are using another shell, then let
us know what it is.

> I also did sh MAKEDEV snd0 in the dev dir so.....
> However, it keeps failing, i dont know what to do...

Give us a little more info on what the failure is.  What types of errors do
you get?  How did you determine that it is failing?  If you can locate the
relevant log messages, please send only those.  If you have no idea what
is relevant, then I guess you'll need to send the whole thing.

I may be speaking only for myself, but my eyes tend to glaze over quickly
when I see 1000 lines of config without much of an idea what I'm looking
for.

Jon Doran