Date:      Thu, 01 Apr 1999 12:41:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        Dan Nelson <dnelson@emsphone.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, nnd@itfs.nsk.su
Subject:   Re: Dates off by 1 year (was: Fools Day Joke ?)

Dan Nelson wrote:
> I've seen this too, on other FTP servers.  I doubt it's an NFS problem,
> since there is no reason for NFS to add/subtract exactly one year from
> the date.
> So I'd say it's a bug in NcFTP's date parser.

Bingo!  It looks like you're right.  I noticed that the file's time
was later than the current time, too (disregarding the year).

> I'm willing to bet that Nickolay is also using NcFTP

I don't doubt that.  But for me it happened using Netscape.

Thanks for solving this mystery!

John
---
  "Self-interest is the aphrodisiac of belief."           -- James V. DeLong