Date:      Tue, 6 Jan 1998 17:10:18 -0500
From:      "Alfred Perlstein" <perlsta@sunyit.edu>
To:        <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Capriotti" <capriotti@geocities.com>
Subject:   Re: X based Free installation

what would be the point? to have X installed you have to already have
freebsd installed.
the latest installer (2.2.5) is pretty cool anyway, although slightly buggy
when it fails to initialize install medias.

if anyone were to do something nice for installs it would be to show a
simple tutorial on making a bootable blank freebsd disk, disklable
firghtens me :)

honestly i will admit a shamefull secret, to make a bootable disk i've had
to install freebsd from scratch... not a pretty site, and i _do_ RTFM a lot
:)

-Alfred