Date:      Wed, 24 Aug 2011 09:34:05 +0300
From:      Mihamina Rakotomandimby <mihamina@rktmb.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   to come from Linux to FreeBSD

Hi all,

I am from Linux (Debian & Ubuntu) and I will have to intensively use
FreeBSD on servers (DNS, Database, Routing...)

I would like to install a FreeBSD on my laptop (Dell Inspiron, or some
Asus not defined yet) and then virtualize a lot (KVM seems OK) in order
to get used.

For the install on a laptop:
If my Wifi chipset is ever unsupported is it probably the same status if
I try to switch to a FreeBSD derivative?

Or more precisely: What FreeBSD derivative would you recommend if
wanting to have a usable laptop that can virtualize several flavors of
FreeBSD derivatives?

Thank you all.

--
RMA.