Date:      Tue, 3 Aug 1999 10:21:42 -0500
From:      "Alton, Matthew" <Matthew.Alton@anheuser-busch.com>
To:        "'Matthew Dillon'" <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
Cc:        "'Nik Clayton'" <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk>, "David E. Cross" <crossd@cs.rpi.edu>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: RE: DOC volunteer WAS:RE: userfs help needed.

Ach.  As I read my original mail here I realize that I didn't make clear that
the chief aim of developing this FS is to glean information for the FS doc.
My idea is to learn by writing a toy FS and to elaborate upon the experience
in the form of a FS-doc.  I'll hold off until the new FS code is here.

What are the perceived shortcomings of the current VFS?  What suggestions
are being considered for the new design?  What are the principal design
objectives?