Date:      Mon, 8 Mar 2010 11:11:38 -0500
From:      Christopher Sean Hilton <chris@vindaloo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Ports/packages: PKGNAMESUFFIX variable

Is is considered okay for end users of the ports system to use the =
PKGNAMESUFFIX variable? I need to label the python 2.6 port that I've =
build as not having threads. Python with threads interferes with the =
mod_python and apache in the default configuration. I did the following:

     # cd /usr/ports/lang/python2.6; make=20
     # env PKGNAMESUFFIX=3D"-nothreads" make install package clean

Everything seemed to work ok but I want to make sure I'm not creating =
problems for myself in the future.

-- Chris

=
--