Date:      Mon, 04 May 1998 19:16:02 -0700
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: InfoWorld brawl esclates

>I was under the impression that dg had recently published hard numbers
>showing this trend. It'd certainly help to quote them there.

   No, I've never quoted hard numbers. I think doing so, as a contractor for
WC CDROM, would be unethical and possibly illegal. I think it would be best
to drop this type of 'attack' against the Stallmanites as it will only serve
to further polarize people against us and I definately DON'T want that to
happen. We should be extending welcoming hands to the Linux people and
working on converting them to FreeBSD, not alienating them with this sort of
rhetoric.

-DG

David Greenman