Date:      Fri, 17 May 2019 10:51:55 -0700
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To:        Pete Wright <pete@nomadlogic.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: mergemaster still having issues

--Osvg0bgWkLaeQPMj

On Fri, May 17, 2019 at 10:46:57AM -0700, Pete Wright wrote:
> hello - i am still having issues with mergemaster when=20
> building/installing current on my end as per this thread:
> https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2019-May/073403.html
>=20
> my source contains the fix that I think we committed to address the=20
> original issue, are there any other steps required to get things working:
> *** Creating the temporary root environment in /var/tmp/temproot
>  =A0*** /var/tmp/temproot ready for use
>  =A0*** Creating and populating directory structure in /var/tmp/temproot
>=20
> cp: /usr/home/pete/git/freebsd/etc/master.passwd: No such file or directo=
ry
>=20
>  =A0 *** FATAL ERROR: Cannot copy files to the temproot environment
>=20
> cheers,
> -pete

Yes: you need to actually install that (new) version of mergemaster
before you try to use it.

E.g.:
	pushd usr.bin/mergemaster && make install; popd

Then re-start the userland installation (e.g., "mergemaster -p ...") and
proceed with the rest of the install as usual.

Peace,
david
--=20
One wonders just who benefits from Trump's trade war with China.

--Osvg0bgWkLaeQPMj

--Osvg0bgWkLaeQPMj--