Date:      Mon, 6 Nov 2000 09:43:57 -0600
From:      "Zaitsau, Andrei" <AZaitsau@panasonicfa.com>
To:        'Daniel Bye' <Daniel.Bye@uk.uu.net>, "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: mouse anomaly...

Under Win2K Pro it works fine, no weird behavior, I also tried to unplug
PS/2 and put Serial Mouse instead, the same result.
I am lost...

I've seen this sort of behaviour before under WinNT, where it turned out to
be a bad connection between the mouse and the port.  Tried reconnecting the
mouse?  Your XFree86Config looks OK.

Failing that, I don't know.

HTH

Dan

Hi,
My mouse behaves very strange. It's a PS/2 mouse, I compiled kernel, so I
can use it on console (copy & paste), but when I launch X (GNOME-Afterstep),
mouse runs in the upper right corner. When I try to move it from corner, it
starting opening menus and some other stuff...
Does anybody know what could it be? I checked X86Config and everything looks
right to me... about mouse configuration...
Can anyone help me? Please?
Here is mouse settings in XF86Config:

# Identifier and driver

    Identifier	"Mouse1"
    Driver	"mouse"
    Option "CorePointer"
    Option "Protocol"    "PS/2"
    Option "Device"      "/dev/mouse"      # I tried also psm0 and sysmouse

So any clues?
Thanks.
Andrei.