Date:      Sat, 22 Feb 1997 20:39:31 +0100
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@dimaga.com>
To:        John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Video Games (was Re: Perl5 modules)

At 02:12 PM 2/22/97 -0500, John Fieber wrote:

>The only thing worse is a classification system with an ambiguous
>policy and/or practice.  Predictability is a very important
>component of usability (with the standard exception of video
>games).

Remove the exception.  Video games defineatly need predictability.
Randomness is only acceptable if there is enough of it to make it predictable.

The connection of random and video games is an old and wrong one.  The only
games created today that use randomness at all are puzzle games like
Tetris. (If anybody want a deeper discussion of this, I work at a game
developer and can put them in contact with one of our designers :)

Eivind Eklund perhaps@yes.no http://maybe.yes.no/perhaps/ eivind@freebsd.org