Date:      Mon, 29 May 2017 09:58:58 -0700
From:      bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 12.0-CURRENT #54 r318674 can't enter single user mode

On Mon, May 29, 2017 at 12:06:44AM -0600, Warner Losh wrote:
> Signal 12 -- SIGSYS
>
> You're likely being bitten by not having enough compat in your kernel,
> either new binaries on an old kernel, or old binaries on a new one. This
> sort of thing should ever happen, but the ino64 merge had so many moving
> parts it broke a lot of things.

Ok, at least it's not entirely self-inflicted...8-)

Two questions:

First, is the snapshot dated May 26th, 2017 recent enough to step around
the problem?

Second, is there some sort of formatting utility that can be used to rewrite
the microSD card? At present the card seems unrecognizable when plugged into
a Pi2 running 11-stable and a Pi3 running Raspbian. The adapter is an ATIVA
PS2008 which worked fine in the past. No device file is created, so it's
not even possible to blindly dd a new image.

Thank you!

bob prohaska