Date:      Sun, 8 Oct 2000 19:21:26 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Ronald Grootkarzyn <ron@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Choosing CUSL2 or CUV4X ASUS M/B?

 I am considering an ASUS CUSL2 'Solano 2' M/B.  I am concerned that the
815e graphics and AGP memory controller chipset may cause problems with
both the custom kernel and XFree86? Or would a more conserative M/B, such
as the CUV4X be an apppropriate choice?  Other suggestions based on the
370 CPU config will also be welcome!

I am looking forward to a system that will have several years of
compatiblity with current hardware trends and prove to be agreeable  to
FreeBSD development trends as well.

Ronald Grootkarzyn
email: ron@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca