Date:      Wed, 13 Sep 95 23:40:39 0000
From:      Robert Burns <rjbproc@Vir.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org, rjbproc@Vir.com
Subject:   routed or gated - static routes

Hello

I am trying to get a remote unix slip connection to ping a
NETWARE server through an HPUX 9.0 host. All my addresses are
static, so I'm not sure what the best method is. Here is the
layout:

   192.66.22.99              192.66.22.98
  FreeBSD Machine <--slip--> HP-UX Machine
                                   | 192.6.2.1

   System closed                 tcp/ip
   to Internet                     |

                            Netware Machine
                                     192.6.2.8

As it stands, I can ping 1 level in any direction, but I
can't
ping the Netware machine from FreeBSD machine for instance.

Can someone direct me with what I should use, routed or gated
and how to set up the routing info?

Robert Burns (rjbproc@vir.com)
Mtl., Ca.