Date:      Mon, 18 Dec 2000 18:19:47 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IDE CMD 649 and AS200-233

>  > I believe that Doug Rabson had an ISA soundcard working at some point.  I
>  > tried to make it go on the DS20 with no luck (but I couldn't get PCI DMA
>  > on the second hose working either...)
>
> Whoah.  Stop the fud.  I assume you mean to a SYM based card?  Did you
> ever try on -current after Doug's busspace cleanup?

I detailed all this when I was doing it, something like 12 months ago.

Around the same time that the sym driver wasn't working on the second
hose, I tried an ISA soundcard (and the floppy driver) - both didn't work
on the DS20.  I also tried a PCI soundcard on the second hose, and that
didn't work either.

I have no idea whether that state of affairs still persists; David has
the DS20 now, and I have no idea whether it's available for testing.

I should have been clearer about how long ago this was, sorry.