Date:      Fri, 11 May 2018 08:59:46 -0300
From:      sergio lenzi <nervoso@k1.com.br>
To:        Victor Sudakov <vas@mpeks.tomsk.su>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Alternative to x11/gnome3 ?

Em sex, 2018-05-11 às 16:08 +0700, Victor Sudakov escreveu:
> sergio lenzi wrote:
> > Well, you can always go back to the reliable gnome2 now AKA mate
> > you can use our "distribution" with more than 1800 packages for
> > amd64,
>
> Dear Sergio,
>
> Does your mate distribution support user swithing (please see the
> first mail in the thread)? If it does, what display manager does your
> mate distribution depend on?

Hello...
the user switching is done  not in the gdm, but inside the mate under
the "system tab in the" panel, that in this version (1.20) is not
avaiable, but
I will check the code, may be an option in the consolekit can make it
show up....
but if you log out, from mate, you can choose some options in the gdm
login, as language, xdmcp, ...
the switching you are looking for was available on mate 1.12 I
think...

the distribution uses GDM 2.18.9  with  the full gdmsetup & friends...
On NetBSD we use gdm 2.20.11   that is quite the same one... and yes,
we have mate 2.19 on NetBSD-8.0 for raspberry pi.

some "screenshots" can be seen at: http://www.k1.com.br/screenshots
id="-x-evo-selection-start-marker">