Date:      Tue, 05 Mar 1996 20:57:54 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        asami@freebsd.org
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dependencies in the INDEX?  Whine..

You'll remember we talked about nuking the useless keyword field and
replacing it with a list of deps.

Well, I could really use this now.  I went in to make the changes to
do a ${RELNAME} specific packages/ dir and found that this was
actually already done, but while there I also happened to look at the
dependency code and it's really a royal kludge.

If you haven't got time I'll do this myself, but just to run it by you
first - a change to the INDEX file is a fairly major perturberation.

						Jordan