Date:      Tue, 06 Aug 2013 13:23:15 -0500
From:      dweimer <dweimer@dweimer.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to Fix Port Audit showing ports not installed on a system

On 08/06/2013 11:58 am, Paul Macdonald wrote:
> On 06/08/2013 17:25, dweimer wrote:
>> I have a system that I just recently setup port audit, after realizing
>> I forgot to install it on the machine.  The problem is that it is
>> finding vulnerabilities in several ports that are not installed on the
>>  system.  These may have been installed at   one  point and removed.
>> Firefox is one of the ones listed, I know that it was on the system
>> previously, but was removed a few months back.  portmaster -l and pkg
>> info don't list it as installed,  but port audit shows:
>> firefox-20.0,1.  Where would portaudit be picking up these ports from?
>>  Is there anyway to reset its  database?
>>
> rm -R /var/db/portaudit/
>
> then run portaudit -Fda
>

> --

Already tried that, but that data only contains the list of known
vulnerabilities, not the installed ports/packages.  Perhaps, its not
using pkgng I discovered if I do a pkg info command I get the correct
list of installed ports and packages.  If I do a pkg_info I get a much
larger list showing everything as corrupted.

pkg_info: the package info for package 'fftw3-3.3.3_1' is corrupt
pkg_info: the package info for package 'filelight-4.10.1' is corrupt
pkg_info: the package info for package 'firefox-20.0,1' is corrupt
pkg_info: the package info for package 'fixesproto-5.0' is corrupt
pkg_info: the package info for package 'flac-1.2.1_3' is corrupt
pkg_info: the package info for package 'flex-2.5.37_1' is corrupt

Of course I have WITH_PKGNG="YES" in the make.conf, and I believe that
has been there ever since the server was built.  Is my best option to
get the correct list from pkg info use rm -r /var/db/pkg/* to clear
everything out and then reinstall all of the ports?

--
Thanks,
    Dean E. Weimer