Date:      Mon, 11 Sep 2000 14:54:20 +0100
From:      j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   unrelated: mountpoints and backup strategies

First, for allowing user-mountable filesystems on a single-user system, does
it not make more sense to mount them to points under the user's home
directory rather than having to chmod the ones under /mnt every reboot?

Also, does anyone know of a good backup strategy or program for zip drives?
I don't have a tape, and i don't want to dump all of /etc and /home, since a
lot of that would be unnecessary for a system restore, and also wastes time.
So far, I dump the output of pkg_info to my home directory.  I am also
considering just building a list of paths and filenames and use this as
arguments for tar and bzip.  Does anyone have a better idea?

jcm
--
"I drank WHAT ?!" - Socrates