Date:      Wed, 24 Jun 1998 20:42:55 +0200
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
To:        Marc Giannoni <marc@versa.eng.comsat.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: netccitt kernel sources

>I recently obtained 'netccitt' kernel sources from the 2.2.1-RELEASE.

>I would like to submit these sources to the CVS repository.  It would really
>help if a knowlegeable kernel hacker could have a look!

Hi Marc,

I belive I have heard from a total of 3 people who were interested
in netccitt, and that is simply not enough interest to justify the
inclusion of the code.  So unless the situation has changed
significantly recently, something I have yet to see signs of, I
think that I can safely say that we could politely turn down such
an offer.

I think the best thing to do would be for you to maintain this code
as an extension to FreeBSD, providing it to anybody interested.

"ttyv0" -- What UNIX calls a $20K state-of-the-art, 3D, hi-res color terminal