Date:      Tue, 18 Jan 2000 00:44:10 +0100
From:      "Leif Neland" <leifn@neland.dk>
To:        <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   ppp, incoming mail keeping the line up.

I run user-ppp, and I have a mx-record for my system, so incoming mail =
goes directly to my system.

Now I'm afraid if I'm on a a mailing list with a frequency of mail =
faster than my timeout period, I could be online a very long time.

If I filter incoming smtp wuth the alive-filter, I guess I'd be shutting =
the line down in the middle of recieving mail.

Or is it possible to specify a shorter alive-time for mail only?=20

Sort of "any traffic will keep the line up for 10 seconds, traffic =
allowed by afilter will keep the line for 2 minutes".

Leif