Date:      Sat, 28 Apr 2001 12:28:30 -0700
From:      "Don O'Neil" <doneil@amplespace.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problems with DNS

I just setup a new 4.3-release box as a dns server, and went throught the
motions on NSI to transfer control of a few domains to the new server. I
have _no_ problems resolving the domains from within the LAN, and NSI shows
them transferred, but anytime I try to use someone elses name server to
resolve the domains, I either get 'domain does not exist' or a timeout.

Could there be something funky going on with 4.3 that is keeping people
outside my network from getting to my DNS box (packet filer or something).
The box itself is able to get to/from other sites, without any problems, and
is pingable from the outside world.

Any thoughts?